In 2012, Neapolitan pizza chefs, Roberto Caporuscio and his maestro, Antonio Starita, the acclaimed third generation owner of one Naples’ oldest pizzerias, Starita a Materdei, joined forces to bring authentic Neapolitan pizza to Midtown Manhattan at Don Antonio.
Today, 8 years later, Roberto’s daughter, the record breaking World Champion, revered teacher, and renowned Pizzaiola, Giorgia Caporuscio, has taken the reigns and is running the restaurant that many people consider “La Mecca” of pizza.
Don Antonio offers over 45 types of Neapolitan pizzas, all original creations that always respect the Neapolitan tradition and celebrate the evolution of Neapolitan pizza. In her unique offering, Master Pizzaiola Giorgia Caporuscio also added 7 different types of fried pizza, and the whole pizza menu can be made GLUTEN-FREE. The attention to the ingredients, the selection of high-quality Italian products, the wine collection made up of a top selection of high-quality Italian wines complete the Don Antonio experience.
Our daily menu is overseen by Giorgia, one of the few young female pizzaiole in the United States. Giorgia, as a daughter of art, is the recipient of countless awards and critical acclaim for her pizza-making skills.
The many accolades for Don Antonio include “#1 Pizza in New York” by New York Magazine, “Best Pizza” in the State of NY by Food Network Magazine, amongst the top 25 “Best Pizza Places in the US” by Food and Wine Magazine and 5 of “The Most Authentic Pizzas Outside Italy” (the only one in the US) by Mr. Porter and BarStools Pizza Review.
Guy Fieri approved in his Diners, Drive–Ins and Dives!!!
In 1990 in Terracina, Italy, Giorgia Caporuscio was born into a Neapolitan pizza-making family, following in the legendary footsteps of her father. Primed for pizza greatness, Giorgia moved to Naples where she entered into a lengthy and comprehensive training internship with some of the best and renowned Pizza-Makers.
Among her many accolades, Giorgia made pizza history when she was awarded first place in the “Classic Pizza Category” at the 12th Annual International Pizza Competition in Naples, Italy- the youngest of only two women to ever win first place in this category. Giorgia Caporuscio has proven that exceptional pizza artistry is not only in the skill, ingredients and passion; it’s also in the DNA.
• Graduated from the Institute of Culinary Education in 2019 in Restaurant & Culinary Management
• Ambassador of “Women in Pizza”, movement that empowers women in the pizza industry
• Ooni-Portable Pizza Ovens-Brand Ambassador
• Zagat 30 under 30; Atlanta 2014
• Guest/Host with Scott Wiener at 92Y for: Conversation about Pizza!
• Fox5 – Pizza Class, AM New York, Mulino Caputo ‘Una Pizza per l’estate’, Repubblica.it, Pizza Today Magazine, Iitaly.org, Eater, LucianoPignataro Blog, Italy Magazine, Sole 24ore, NY Post, CBC Passion for Pizza, Pizza Therapy Las Vegas Pizza Expo, Edible Manhattan.